Wammy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Common Room

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Common Room Empty Common Room

Post by Eloritia Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Common Room Tumblr_ntk82g6Yd71tci3x4o2_400
Eloritia
Eloritia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Common Room Empty Re: Common Room

Post by Mail_Jeevas Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:45 pm

Matt slumped in a worn, leather couch, and pulled out his psp. He'd worked hard to buy it just a month ago. He glanced around the currently-empty room, and sighed. He'd been at Wammy's for about a year, but still hadn't really done any socializing. He kept to himself for the most part. I guess I can get used to this. It's not...so bad.
Mail_Jeevas
Mail_Jeevas

Back to top Go down

Post by TeruMikami Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:41 pm

It was strange, trying to get the hang of these hallways. A boarding school was notably different from his middle school in the end and the idea of living within dorms still didn't sit well with Teru. He might love school as an institution, but the actual interaction with classmates hadn't brought any pleasant memories in the last years. Living on the same floor as everyone else, even having a roommate... that just sounded like it would be torturous.

But that was fine, of course. Thanks to his scholarship, living here would absolve his family from the burden of carrying his financial weight until he'd finally reach adulthood and on top of that, he'd be provided with a first class education. It was the best possible option he had at this point. Moving away, living in a foreign country among other teenagers... those were small losses. Overall, Teru told himself, this was something to be thrilled about. His sense of dread had to come from bad adjustment and jetlag.

Thus, he made for an exploration of the living quarters, determined to get his bearings fast.

Stepping into the common room, he had to notice someone was already there before him.

"Pardon the interruption," he excused himself immediately, the English words only forming with a bit of effort.
TeruMikami
TeruMikami

Back to top Go down

Post by Mail_Jeevas Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:53 pm

Matt was distracted by his game, headphones on, and looking down at his psp, so he didn't hear the footsteps, and he didn't notice the boy enter until he spoke. The currently-redhead glanced up, and tilted his head a little. Curious. He'd never seen this person before. "Are you new here?" He tugged one earbud out, then the other, and draped the cord around his neck.

"I don't think I've seen you around.." He looked the scrawny boy over. Glasses, black hair, sort of up-tight looking. He didn't think this guy looked all that friendly, but Matt wasn't about to judge him. "Are you lost, maybe?"
Mail_Jeevas
Mail_Jeevas

Back to top Go down

Post by TeruMikami Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:11 pm

Teru shook his head. "No, I'm not lost, but I'm certainly new."

Now that he'd been engaged in conversation, he might as well take the chance to step inside the room and examine the interior for a moment. He didn't foresee spending a lot of time here, seeing as it was a shared space, but it would never hurt to be familiar with his surroundings.

"I'm just looking around. I suppose you could call this my personal newbie tour..." There was no smile to accompany the words. His expression seemed permanently stuck on neutral-apprehensive.
TeruMikami
TeruMikami

Back to top Go down

Post by Mail_Jeevas Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Well, Matt found the scrawny boy interesting, anyway. "You need any help? I don't really have anything to do today, so." He perked up a little. Finally someone to talk to. Matt was so damn bored and lonely recently. He adjusted his goggles on his face, and sat up. His hands tangled into the hem of his shirt, fiddling with it as he spoke. "When did you get here? I heard we were getting a few new students." He still didn't have a roommate, though, even with these new students arriving. This boy really doesn't seem like a very talkative person.

"Um, I'm Matt." He didn't use his real name. Though there wasn't a big reason for it. His friends online used his real name, though. "And you are..?" He set his psp aside.
Mail_Jeevas
Mail_Jeevas

Back to top Go down

Post by TeruMikami Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:30 pm

"Teru Mikami." As a boarding student, he was able to keep his name after all. He's only vaguely made himself familiar with the idea that this wouldn't apply to all other classmates. "I only arrived here yesterday."

A day that had passed in a haze, all new places, faces and another language. Teru didn't like change. It was disorienting, when he'd rather be stable. He was excited for classes in theory, but all he could feel now was the itchy nervousness from arrival.

After a pause, he added: "It's nice to meet you." Finally deciding that he might as well rest here for a moment and talk, despite himself, he sat down on a couch across from the other. "Do you think there's anything specific you need to know about when you first get here?" Deep down, Teru was grateful that translating back and forth in his head didn't take him much time because he had practiced in preparations. At this rate, he'd end up close to fluent soon enough. That was satisfying.
TeruMikami
TeruMikami

Back to top Go down

Post by Mail_Jeevas Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Matt perked up more as the teen sat down. "Oh. That'd explain why I'm only just now seeing you, then." Not that I talk to the other people I do see, typically. "Well, it's nice to meet you, too."

"Are you adjusting well? Where are you from?" Matt turned the device off, deciding to give Teru his full, undivided attention. Which he thought might aid him in better socializing. Maybe he would make a friend. At least an acquaintance, anyway. "Uh..don't paint your walls, I guess. Or nail anything to your walls. The staff here doesn't like that at all. I heard a guy got in trouble for that. So, you know, just don't do that. Uhm, have you met your roommate yet, if you have one? You should probably get on good terms with them."
Mail_Jeevas
Mail_Jeevas

Back to top Go down

Post by TeruMikami Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:08 pm

The advice seemed ill-fitted for... about any situation Teru could imagine (mainly due to the fact that his imagination was limited to begin with) and he couldn't help raise an eyebrow at the thought that, at any point in time, it had been necessary to notify people of this at all. Though then again, he supposed he shouldn't expect better from people anyway.

"I wasn't intending to vandalize, so this won't be a problem." Just so they're clear on that one. Crystal clear. Teru's an orderly person and he'd like to be thought of as such.
This disclaimer out of the way with, he moved on to answer the other questions. "I've seen my roommate briefly but we didn't have a chance to talk." The other boy had seemed well-groomed and that was a plus, but not enough to put Teru at ease about the prospect of living with someone.

"I came here from Japan, so from the time zone to the language, everything is quite a change." Briefly, he looked down to his feet. Although there were no people at 'home' that he could miss, he liked his country and the familiarity he had with its structures and rules.
TeruMikami
TeruMikami

Back to top Go down

Post by Mail_Jeevas Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Matt glanced away, a little embarrassed that his advice had been so useless. He didn't really know what else to tell him, though "I'm sorry, I just can't think of anything to tell you. I can see you don't look like the type to break rules." No, Teru seemed very mature to Matt. Really, the teen seemed so different from any other teens Matt had met. He seemed off, but Matt just couldn't quite put his finger on what exactly it was.

"Well, welcome to England. I'm afraid I don't have any advice on moving so far, either. I've grown up in England my entire life, so.. But, anyway, Japan sounds like an interesting place. I'd love to travel one day. Sadly, though, I don't think I'll get the chance to for quite a few years, at least.. I tried to learn Japanese once so I could buy a game I wanted that was only in Japanese. However, coding languages are the ones I do best," he shrugged.
Mail_Jeevas
Mail_Jeevas

Back to top Go down

Post by TeruMikami Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:50 pm

You tend to jump topic a lot, huh... Teru noted to himself, but shrugged it off mentally right after. What kind of conversational quirks the other might have wasn't relevant anyway. He gave off the appearance of someone very easy-going to Teru - quite contrary to himself.

"There will be enough time to travel after completing education, I'm sure." Studying first, everything else later. The life motto. "Did you manage to understand the game?"

In the end, Teru thought that this was a strange motivation to learn anything, but  it wouldn't hurt to hear whether or not it was effective at least.
TeruMikami
TeruMikami

Back to top Go down

Post by Mail_Jeevas Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:15 pm

Mail grumbled a little, looking down at his lap. "...No. It was a complete waste of fifty dollars. Especially for that sort of game. Ugh, and the shipping! And I wasted so much time. I still played it, and clicked random buttons. But it was pretty boring not knowing what the characters were saying.." He looked back up. He was probably making a fool of himself-it wasn't the best first impression. "Uh, enough about me." He smiled weakly, feeling his self worth plumet-he was being such a fool. He was finally talking to someone today, he really shouldn't tell the more embarrassing stories about himself right off the bat.

//I'm really sorry, I was just informed you're supposed to bold what they say. >.< I read the rules wrong. Sorry. First time on a forum, kinda stressful trying to figure everything out.
Mail_Jeevas
Mail_Jeevas

Back to top Go down

Post by TeruMikami Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:06 pm

And so much for that.

Well, what better would he expect from trivial entertainment like this. It felt vaguely strange to hear someone would spend this much money on something that they effectively might not be able to enjoy. To someone like Teru, growing up fairly lower class, this seemed incredibly wasteful.

"I see." He really didn't know what else to say to this. It was a story far far detached from his living reality or any living reality he'd want to be a part of, generally.

"Do you know how much harder the classes here are, compared to an average public school?" Left to Teru, any topic change would always end up incredibly pragmatic.

// We're all just getting the hang of this new forum, haha
TeruMikami
TeruMikami

Back to top Go down

Post by Mail_Jeevas Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:17 pm

"Oh, ah, yeah. They're much harder. Which I'm glad for." Matt scratched the back of his neck nervously, then grabbed his device and stuffed his hands into his vest's pockets. "It's so much better here. There's actually a challenge. I'm in a bunch of different tech classes." He got up. "I'm really sorry, I'm gonna go now. Good luck." He gave the other teen one last smile before leaving to go to his room.
Mail_Jeevas
Mail_Jeevas

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyond Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:20 pm

B&A's Room >>Halls(skipped) >> Common Room

"You sure can." As the boys approached common room, B crossed his fingers for no one to be there, because people meant that you need to interact with them, and most of the time B had no patience or desire for that. In all honestly A was probably the only one who he could tolerate 24/7, despite anime songs waking him up at 6, everyone else he just wanted to get away from and not engage in long winded talk. There were probably a few exceptions aside from A, but those were made rather rarely so far. The luck today was definitely not on B's side as there indeed was someone in the common room and they looked new.
Beyond
Beyond

http://theredtint.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Asinine-A Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:52 pm

>> B&A's room >> Hall(skipped) >> Common Room

"Oh I hope so. How else will I use my one and only talent?"
A watched B's hands as they swayed at his sides while they walked and hoped to whatever God may or may not exist, that he wouldn't flush for what would probably be the hundredth time today already. As they entered the common room A was hopeful that it wouldn't be crowded like it was some mornings. He wasn't the best with social interaction. Finding only one person he was able to relax a little.
He looked to be for guidance but B didn't seem up to the idea of conversation so he took a deep breath and tried himself. "Hi.. are you new here?"
Asinine-A
Asinine-A

http://asinine-a.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TeruMikami Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Teru had made no move to stop Matt from leaving, but even he had to admit he found it bewildering to be walked out on like that. For a moment he remained seated where he was, in the now comfortably empty space--

Well, it wasn't comfortably empty for long. So this was what living in a dorm was going to be liked, Teru realized with increasing discomfort.

He looked the other two boys over and when one of them questioned him he nodded. "Yes, I was only recently accepted into the boarding school program so we haven't met before."
TeruMikami
TeruMikami

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyond Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Beyond glanced over at A as he started up a conversation, asking himself why A was so polite all the time. He did however enter father into the room to lean against one of the couches, not planning to be held up here with conversations for too long. However he also didn't want to seem like a completely impatient asshole to the new guy. Who knows what he could be in a few years, better to be if not friends, then at least on the good terms with people. Making relatively good impression was part of that.
"How are you liking it so far?"
Beyond
Beyond

Back to top Go down

Post by Asinine-A Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:07 pm

A caught B's look and gave him a sheepish smile as if to apologize for beginning social interaction, but they both knew it wasn't sincere. He couldn't help himself. The idea of coming off as rude or stuck up bothered him greatly.
"Oh, well welcome to Wammy's." He replied when the other student answered him. "I'm A and this is B. What's your name?"
Asinine-A
Asinine-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Mail_Jeevas Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Kitchen>common room
Matt heard voices in the common room as he approached it. He really just wanted to go back to his bedroom, though. He didn't want to interrupt them. So he slipped into the room, trying to slip past the other kids. He stuffed his hands into his pockets, fiddling with his fingers, brushing them over the cold screen of his psp. He didn't personally know A or B, but he'd seen them around before. He wasn't sure if they shared any classes together or not. The redhead looked down, not intending to greet the others.
Mail_Jeevas
Mail_Jeevas

Back to top Go down

Post by TeruMikami Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:18 pm

"Teru Mikami", Teru introduced himself for the second time this day. "I can't judge this place well yet, so I think I'll reserve judgement for a time when I've taken more classes." To him, the classes were the make it or break it after all.

He eyed the other two curiously. So those were letter program students... Their intellectual skill supposedly unparalleled by normal students around the world. The reputation did make him curious.
TeruMikami
TeruMikami

Back to top Go down

Post by Asinine-A Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:23 am

"It's nice to meet you, Teru." A nudged B in the side before giving an exasperated sigh. "B thinks so too. He's just not very social."
As he spoke to the new student he noticed the other boy creeping into the room. He honestly couldn't remember his name but he'd seen him around. However, he didn't look like he wanted to talk so A didn't bother him.
"The classes are really amazing, but you're right. It's best to reserve judgement til you get to them yourself."
He glanced at the clock on the far wall and rubbed at the back of his head. "We've got to get going now though.. See you around! Maybe we'll be in some of the same classes!" He offered him a small smile and grabbed B's arm, tugging him towards the door.
Asinine-A
Asinine-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyond Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:17 pm

B didn't even try to pretend like he wanted to be social, unlike A for sure. He did however smile and nod as A nudged his side. Through he highly doubted that it did anything to convince the others of his willingness to have a conversation.
He glanced over as the door to the common room opened and a boy sneaked in. After a moment of staring at him he remembered the guy's preferred name, Matt. And as much as at the moment he wanted to pull the kid into their little non-conversation B let him go do his own thing.
Finally A decided to stop being the polite person he is and excused them, dragging the slightly zoned out B to the door. And here I thought we are stuck there forever.
Beyond
Beyond

Back to top Go down

Post by Asinine-A Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:42 am

A honestly wished B would try harder to socialize sometimes. After all, they were going to be around these other people quite a lot. It wouldn't hurt to get to know them.. But he couldn't exactly force him to. He supposed the world may come to an end the day he saw B talk to someone without A pushing him to do it.
Even though they hadn't talked, A even waved and gave a small smile to the other boy in the room before he and B disappeared out the door.

Common Room >> Halls (skipped) >> Outside (Front Yard)
Asinine-A
Asinine-A

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyond Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:37 pm

Feeling rather calm about the fact that he somehow managed to avoid actual conversation even with A sorta starting one.
"Your politeness will kill us one day. Just mark my words."
He muttered as they made their way out of the common room and down the stairs. It should still be nice outside, hopefully the sun haven't risen too high yet and neither of them, A, gets sun burns.
Common Room >> Halls (skipped) >> Outside(Front yard)
Beyond
Beyond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next